Church

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Christian Calling – 11/03/09

TODAY'S VERSE from HEARTLIGHT
image
VERSE:
  All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through
the prophet: "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to
a son, and they will call him Immanuel" --which means, "God with
us." Matthew 1:22-23
THOUGHT:
  God had repeatedly promised it. Men, women, and angels had long
anticipated it. Now, in Jesus, it happens. God is with us. Jesus is
Immanuel. We live on a visited planet, touched by the very presence
of God among us. And it was just as the prophets of old had said.
PRAYER:
  LORD God, my heavenly Father, thank you for keeping your
promises, especially when it was so incredibly costly for you to do
so. I want to know you better, O God, not just as someone I study,
but as someone I encounter in my daily life. Please make your
presence known as I seek you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment