Church

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christian Calling – 12/12/09

TODAY'S VERSE from HEARTLIGHT
image
VERSE:
  ... but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst.
Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water
welling up to eternal life. - John 4:14
THOUGHT:
  Water! That precious gift for the tired and thirsty. Water! That
essential refreshment we all need. Jesus, however, offers water we
don't have to carry or purify. No, this is water that wells up
within us. This is the water that the Holy Spirit brings us. This
is the water that gives us eternal life that starts now and lasts
forever!
PRAYER:
  Father, I know Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to live in me when I
became a Christian. I ask that my stubborn will and that my sinful
desires can be overcome with the Spirit's power, and that my life
will display the joy and confidence that your refreshing presence
brings. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can." Charles Wesley

No comments:

Post a Comment