Church

Monday, August 15, 2011

CBS Sports Ridicules Tim Tebow’s Christian Faith

From godfatherpolitics.com

CBSSports.com columnist Gregg Doyle evidently took offense to Tim Tebow, the Denver Broncos’ quarterback’s comments made in an interview with the Denver Post.

Tebow was quoted as saying:

“Others who say I won’t make it are wrong. They don’t know what I’m capable of and what’s inside me. My family and my friends have been bothered by what’s gone on, and I tell them to pay no attention to it. I’m relying as always on my faith.”

Doyle’s disdain for the Christian faith was evident when he responded to Tebow’s statement with:

“He’ll make it in this league – for the Bible tells him so. From the outside it looks like Tebow equates his love for God in heaven with tangible rewards here on earth. And that’s more than wrong. It’s blasphemy.”

A number of people have also taken offense to Doyle’s comments and his obvious misunderstanding of what blasphemy really is. One person responded to Doyle complaining that he “painted Tebow as a religious nut-job.” Doyle responded saying, “I didn’t paint him as a religious nut-job. Tebow’s the one holding the brush. I just hung his art on the wall and asked you folks to take a look.”…

It’s time Christians start standing up for their faith in Jesus Christ and stop allowing religious bigots like Doyle to get away with such things publicly.

Read the rest here …

2 comments:

  1. Jealousy and stupidity often go hand in hand. Sounds like this reporter needs a life (a Life, I should say).
    John Mark
    www.book-ministry.com

    ReplyDelete