Church

Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Beleaguered Christians: Campus Crusade Drops Christ

From townhall.com

Many faithful Christians feel that Campus Crusade for Christ’s announcement to drop Christ from their name is one more confirmation that there is a wholesale departure from the bedrock foundation of their faith. A woman recently asked me, “Where will this end?” Certainly, she is not alone in feeling overwhelmed and confused at the changes taking place today.

While I am not one who questions the motives of CCCI’s current leadership’s decision to drop “Christ” out of their name, I do question the wisdom of their timing. In a time when political correctness has run amok and the name of Christ has been eliminated from many Christian organizations (like The Christian Children’s Fund who is now ChildFund International), the faithful feel that Campus Crusade’s decision is yet another rug pulled out from under them.

Some Christians are rightly skeptical of CCCI Vice President Sellers’ words assuring them that, “…the ministry will still be committed to proclaiming Christ around the world.”

[I was left speechless when I saw this and am now just plain sad. I know my daughter has loved this organization. Some were questioning whether ‘Campus” should still be in the name. But removing Christ …? Where is the courage of those who lead what once was an admirable group? I do cry for you, Cru! – JS]

Read the rest of this very sad story here …

No comments:

Post a Comment