Church

Saturday, October 20, 2012

America Needs a Different Type of Leader!

By David Jesse at christianpost.com

I'm a political junkie. I'm often found in my car listening to news shows and talk radio. I've not only watched each of the Presidential and Vice Presidential Debates, but I've spent countless hours watching the spin afterwards and reading articles about the different points each candidate has made. I've volunteered on campaigns and even worked as a legislative researcher. I love politics.

That's why I was surprised at my reaction to a comment made by my wife last night as we watched Dinesh D'Souza's Obama's America: 2016. She's not into politics nearly to the extent that I am. She's informed and wants to know what's going on, but she doesn't obsess about it like I do. She's like most Americans. She's concerned about where our county is heading, and wants to see things turn around. So as we reached the climax of the documentary, she commented, "What we really need is a president who will lead America back to God."

Her comment was positive and showed that she understands that our nation's only hope is to return to the Biblical foundation it was built upon. But my reaction to her comment surprised me, and has been bugging me ever since. I should have agreed with her. I should be among the countless number of Christians who are praying that God will raise up a president who will seek God's guidance and will be used to stem our nation's moral and spiritual decline. Only then, is there any hope to overcome the economic and political challenges our nation faces.

But instead of agreeing with her, I found myself thinking that the last thing we need as a nation is another president that we expect will fix all of our problems. I don't really believe that it matters if you supported President Obama's campaign in 2008, it was clear four years ago that most Americans were looking for a transformational leader who would bring "hope" and "change" to our nation. And after four years, we should all be convinced that a single man sitting in the Oval Office is not going to be the solution to our nation's problems. America needs a different type of leader.

Read the rest here …

No comments:

Post a Comment